Outlook is a well-known email app used by millions worldwide. It’s great at storing and managing contacts, which are essential for staying in touch with people. But what if you want to export your contacts from Outlook? This easy guide will walk you through the process step by step.
Why Should You Export Your Outlook Contacts?
Exporting contacts from Outlook is useful for several reasons, such as:
- Backup: By exporting, you create a backup of your essential contacts. If something goes wrong with your account, you can always restore your contacts by importing them into a new account or email app.
- Sharing: Exporting contacts makes it simple to share them with others. If you’re working on a project and someone needs your contacts, you can easily export and share the file.
- Switching email apps: If you’re changing to a new email app or service, you can export your contacts from Outlook and import them into the new one, saving you the time of manually adding them.
How to Export Contacts from Outlook (PC or Mac):
- Open Outlook and click “File” in the top left corner.
- Choose “Open & Export” from the drop-down menu, then “Import/Export.”
- In the wizard, select “Export to a file” and click “Next.”
- Choose “Comma Separated Values” and select the Contacts folder under your account.
- Pick a folder to save your exported file, give it a name, and click “Next.”
- Review the export options and click “Finish” to start exporting your contacts.
- Find the new .csv file on your computer, open it with Excel, and check your contacts are there. Edit the file in Excel if needed before importing it to another email app.
How to Export Contacts from Outlook Web:
- Sign in to Outlook.com.
- Click “People” at the bottom left corner to visit the People page.
- On the toolbar’s far right, select “Manage” and then “Export contacts.”
- Choose to export all contacts or only those from a specific folder, and click “Export.”
- At the bottom, click “Save” to save “contacts.csv” in your default Downloads folder or click the arrow next to “Save” and choose “Save as” to pick a different location.
Once the export is complete, you can import the contacts into other email apps or Outlook versions by following their import instructions.
Exporting your contacts from Outlook is helpful for creating backups, sharing contacts, or switching to a new email app. Follow these simple steps to quickly and efficiently export your contacts from Outlook and keep them safe.